Thursday, December 21, 2017

Corgi Trucks

Hi,

During Archduke Piccilo and I's recent foray into Operation scale WWII games I needed to dramatically increase my logistics units for the Romanians.  As part of my Early War Desert Italian forces I was quite short on trucks so I went for the cheap version and simply press ganged several toy trucks into the fold.

Here in NZ, the Corgi Cadbury toy trucks are everywhere . I can usually pick up three for $5 so I managed to by around 12 of them about a  year ago. They are not 1/72, slightly larger but I don't mind as they are close enough.



A simply spray paint, wash and dry brush has provided me with a emergency backup if I need a lot of trucks at once.  Two of the eight are below:

After watching a terrain tutor youtube clip, I also thought I would experiment with basing vehicles but by using some old foamboard I had. I did not have 3mm board but thought I would try it anyway and am quite pleased with the results of my simple efforts.

I will add a final highlight to the trucks ( to tidy up a lot of the bad dry brushing) and some Italian unit markings but on the whole I am happy with the results.

Merry Christmas to you all !

1 comment:

Talk Wargaming said...

Hey There !
My name is Joshua Stawiarski Co - Editor Of TalkWargaming.com

Sorry if this message is presented in a spammy way as I’ve been but a lot of wargamers it seems are hard to contact .

I wanted to inquire about if you would be interested in selling published content you’ve already created that's on your website to us over here at talkwargaming.com as we are looking to diversify our content to expand our readership.

If you are interested or have questions we can go over more details at: editortalkwargaming@gmail.com
Put In The Subject Heading : “ Wargame Creator ”

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Sincerely,
Co - Editor Of talkwargaming.com