Thursday, June 11, 2015

1st Foot and the UK


For the Waterloo re-fight I am providing 3 Allied units as well as Prussians and the French horde. The 1st, 33rd Foot and a Nassau contingent and for the 1st Foot I dragged out my Front Rank originals (purchased in 1994 I think) that were sitting in a box needing some attention. Below are the results - I have not painted British in a very long time !


I've also noticed I forgot a few things back in the day so will tidy them up before basing.I am behind on my Waterloo stuff due to a cold and being away (again). I am just finishing the last french and artillery then I need to spend all week basing something like 500 figures - EEK !



Luckily in October and November I have scored a work trip back to the UK and will take a holiday before hand to pop over to Dublin to see my family and then the Essex massif. A potential side trip to Wolverhampton has also be sounded for a few nice pints and catch up with friends. So very exciting news and has made my year - I guess working like a dog does pay off sometimes !

So given this opportunity I will need to plan getting some figures\wargames supplies while I am there - Take advantage of some postage free deals within the UK or have the cheek to turn up at actual war game suppliers shops (Which could prove to be financial suicide).

No comments: