Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Recent musings.





I’ve done a lot recently but haven’t bothered posting an pics – I find I should spend more time doing things and playing things than worrying about photos, lighting and all the nonsense that goes with it.

 Rally Round the King
I have been playing a solo campaign using the Rally Round the King mechanics to get some game time going. The human armies of the fantasy world are based on Historical armies (Which I know nothing about) so it has been fun painting and getting use to different troop types and their abilities. In my campaign the nations are Orcs, Goblins, Border Kingdom (Normans), Tropillium South (Late Western Roman), Treyine (English 100YW), Elves and or course Dwarves. So far it has been entertaining and a good excuse to learn more about Ancient warfare and how these battles fought. Of course I know very little about tactics in these ages but I’m slowly getting the hang of things. None of these games are blog friendly (Played on a simple green cloth) but it has me entertained and is satisfying my need for some fantasy wars.

A few brief shots below of some of the first battles of the year (Horrible board). I am working on a proper wargames board and decent scenery but for these initial games I just threw it down and rolled the dice. It would be nice to play some ancients but would mean learning another rule-set meh !


 Elves try to get the Dwarven gold but the solid battle line wears them down.

Goblins try to back stab the Orc nation and getting a royal beating\massacre.

Romans
Tropillius is based on the Late Roman empire and in this campaign it is twice the size of anyone else. Bigger borders mean more troops so I have been painting Romans to my hearts content. I have never painted a Roman before so I have tried to base them on a historical look but I’m not sure I have it. Anyway at least its an excuse to have a Roman army that could be used for DBA. Its interesting how little I knew about the Romans and how vastly they changed over time - I thought it was all Asterix type legionnaires for centuries.










No comments: