Sunday, November 4, 2012

If less is more, then more must be awesome.

So onwards and upwards. I have been quite busy on the painting table, but rather lazy taking photos.

I have started to paint the bases of my 20mm Japanese, and then realised I have never done jungle bases before so will need some different decor. This is quite good timing as I need some tufts and flowers etc to make the lads below look pretty on their bases. The figures (16) are only 60% done as I still have to add the final shade\highlight layer, blanket rolls, brass n boots and head wear to go. The faces will also get a slight wash in some places, especially elephant man on the far left hand side.  only 56 to go :). My blues are quite light, but I'm happy with it, I have spent some time in museums around the USA in my traveling days and that good old blue uniform did vary considerably. I spent a lot of time in Alabama too over the course of a few years but rue the day I didn't buy that kepi in that trinket store.


And you can never have a Napoleonic 15mm army without Italians ............

So hopefully I'll bash out the rest of these Unions lads over the next few weeks, and I need to finalize my Peter Pig order. I've often wondered why he never seemed to advertise specials, but now I seem to have been in on a lucky discount draw and have got a hefty discount for one order only - HUZZAH !

7 comments:

The Angry Lurker said...

I really like those ACW as I've bought a few boxes myself recently!

Jacko said...

They are great figures aren't they.

Rodger said...

Great work Paul! So, do we count you in for Gettysburg?

Jacko said...

Yes I'd be happy to join in thanks Rodger.

Ray Rousell said...

Nice looking figres!

Rodger said...

Excellent! Flick me an email Paul and I will fill you in. It's on my profile.

Galpy said...

Those ACW 's are looking great i have 6 boxes of these to do keep up the great work