Sunday, November 11, 2012

First ACW based and 15mm Altenguard Army.



So seeing as though have a tonne of stuff painted but not based properly I thought I'd spend the next session sorting some of this stuff out. First off I found the 28mm Russian 1812 Horse Artillery, filled my paint tray with dark brown and then proceeded to drop the first figure in head first - %&$^&!.

Then I did it again (%&$@! x 2) and gave up on the Napoleonic as I needed to clean two figures and it gave me the hump.

So I have based the first four bases of the 29th Pennsylvania. The standards are in the post at the moment, and when they arrive I will finish the pole as well as sort out Officer and NCO chevrons etc. I've gone for a plain old grass scheme with a few weeds and clumps of brush, typical sheep country !.

So I have another 20 figures to paint from the first box and the second box to go.

I then moved onto a 15mm Rally Round the King Army - Altenguard (basically based on 100YW English) - lots of bows, a few men at arms and a commander, I based the Brethren (Religious Paladin types) Knights as well as for some reason they were in the wrong box.


 I also noticed that the spears\spikey points all need fixing - yay. I also need to adorn the pike with a standard of some type.




Unfortunately I was a bit robotic now and accidentally based 3 Goblin Archer stands in the same grass theme so I called it a night there as I wanted to give them a rock\cave based theme. Looking at the RRTK boxes I have the following to finish.

Goblin (Bases to be flocked)
Border Kingdoms (Norman)
Elf
Dwarf
Imperium (Roman)

5 comments:

Archduke Piccolo said...

I see that, if I may paraphrase C.S. Forrester, 'the Fates may be against you, by God, but you'll show them you still have a will of your own.'

Those ACW dudes are looking pretty good!
Cheers,
Ion

The Angry Lurker said...

The ACW are especially brilliant!

Jacko said...

Thanks for the kind comments.

Ray Rousell said...

Some very nice looking figures!!

Jacko said...

Thanks.