Monday, October 29, 2012

Magpie !


My daughter ended up with Viral Pneumonia which meant a few days in hospital, then lucky for me I was then sick over the long weekend with said virus. So finally after 10 or so days off I have got the paints out again. I also squeezed in a game for the Rechburg Dynasty (http://rechburg.blogspot.co.nz/2012/10/battle-of-ulrichstein.html) in which I tried my hand at carrying a positions with the bayonet enforce. The only thing I carried was  a crap load of crap dice - I was rolling 40 odd dice in a turn and was getting maybe 2x 6's, while Barry '6's' Taylor seemed to not get anything apart from a 6. Such is life - I took a chance and relied on luck and ended up with a bloody nose.
Painting
I shall endeavor to finish off these ww2 Japanese, I thought I needed figures but found a large bundle of SHQ 50mm mortars so was able to finish the first battalion. Below a 4 Company battalion, with attached weapons company and Regimental assets (MMG and 75mm gun). The figures are a mix of Airfix, Esci, Italeri and SHQ. I also need to plan how I decorate the bases as it will be jungle themed which I have never done before.


 I have split the figures into two types of uniform - a jungle green of sorts and the good old "Japanese uniform\ochre. So far I have only finished the Jungle green outfit, I should have enough for a full regiment (3 battalions) all up and then I can start on the KNIL\Aussies.
 What ho ! I found this stand in my Napoleonics - I cheeky vignette of a Aristocrat and his buxom Friend. I need to sort out my pirates and get some games on (Job number 1000000 in my list of things to do)
 Talking of things to do - what are these below............
The Rebel Barracks team are planning a 28mm Gettysburg Re-fight next year and I am tempted to join in. I don't plan to have a 28mm ACW army (as 6mm, 15mm and 1/72 are enough !) but I have always fancied these figures (Its those bloody Perry\Victrix Napoleonic that started this) so I purchased a box to see how they fare. Just like the Napoleonic Perry - very nice to paint (of course my Napoleonics are sitting half done after 2 years cough cough). So I'll paint a box for the entertainment ;)

Take care.

3 comments:

Rodger said...

The Jap's look very nice Paul. Glad to see you are painting some ACW too. Keep them coming.

Jacko said...

Cheers Rodger.

Those 28mm ACW are quite addictive and so easy to paint (No Napoleonic lace !). I might nab another pack of Inf, 1 Cav and 2 guns just so they can all share a box.

Archduke Piccolo said...

Wouldn't mind seeing those ACW dudes en masse - Have to admit the thought is tempting. But with well over 1500 20mm plastic ACW figures of my own already, I don't really feel up to creating another ACW army in a different scale.

So when the big day comes, I'll simply have to be one of those onlookers going 'oooh' and 'aaah.'