Friday, September 14, 2012

Plastic Fantastics

So finally some action on the camera front and on my painting table, I went to get my "plastics" box out and I found a Imagiations unit on top. So here they are - a yet to be named battalion. I've decided to paint the rest of the figures as they were intended, AWI as Im interested in that period and didnt see a reason why I needed to do it in 15mm.

On to the Confederate Plastics, First off the rank was some CSA Italeri  Artillery crew, very crisp figures to paint much like all Italeri sets.
The first of the new Italeri battalions. I purchased the figures in 2006 and have only gotten around to sorting them out properly.
And a blast from the past. One of the second generation battalions I purchased in 1998 from Revell 9I think) to complement my ESCI forces. They still bear the original paint jobs and I have no intention of touching them up, these figures bring back some great teenage memories of game after game against Ion.
And even older. The original CSA army painted when I was between the ages of 13 and 16 (23 odd years ago). Mostly Esci figures, shame they are OOP but they did good things for 1/72 wargaming. I have re based them but again I wont touch the paint job, they have held up well through the 3 decades they have sat in a box.

Some handpainted flags from a newer set, I think Ive done rather well on these, I typically don't like moulded flags (They are usually tiny !) but these I like as they seem a good size.

The rest of the Italeri figures in various stages of finishing and a final Esci unit that needs some new bases.

And my most recent arrival courtesy of Richard Shields, a swag bag of Airfix ACW artillery, 16 guns and all the crew. Such classic figures so I thought it prudent to start my Union forces off with a classic unit.

3 comments:

Rodger said...

Some pretty cool looking fig's there Paul. Love those handpainted flags, they are fantastic.

Jacko said...

Thanks

Archduke Piccolo said...

I agree with Rodger: those flags came out very well indeed. I wouldn't have thought it possible.

Altogether, a nostalgic look. I'm beginning to thing my own ACW stuff might be worth revisiting, too. Some finishing work needed there! In particular, I've never been fully happy about the Union brigade of Airfix French Foreign Legion figures, even when I decided they were 'Coloured' units. They might end up in a completely different army...