Friday, December 23, 2011

20mm WW2 and orher earth movers

Hi,

I recently was pointed to a blog regarding 20mm WW2 tanks and figures, this of course then motivated me to attack the plastic mountain in the garage and try and slowly get my 20mm CD collections going again.

 When I came back from the UK I found my 1/72 armies stored in my parents garage has been crushed to pieces by some heavy items and pretty much I rescued around 20% of it, these armies were of course 8th Army, D.A.K and a '44 PzGr force. So I popped down to Acorn Models, saw Stan in ChCh and bought some DAK, 8th Army, Italians and Japanese Airfix\italeri figures, I then realised that half of the vehicles I needed werent available anymore so I stored it all and got my 28mm Nappies going again.

About 1500 28mm figures later here I am. Japanese and Italian plastic kits and resin kits are plentiful as are resin  8th Army vehicles that I dont have to scratch build (Badly). So I am going to paint a company of each nation a week (6 figures each) to slowly get things going again and here is my progress so far.

The usual suspects - 15mm Prussian Old Glory Lancers undercoated.
 My HQ element of D.A.K half done- those classic old Airfix figures are still a joy to paint.
 Airfix brit uniforms done but all webbing\skins etc needs finishing.
 My Japanese Battalion guns courtesy of Italeri kit I found at Acorn models.
 A frontline wargaming resin Britsh Light utility truck. I have painted a vehicle in 15 odd years and it shows :). Base coated, inked and some highlight done but I need to do it again as its pretty shabby job due to painting during earthquakes.
 And a game. Hayden and I played another 6mmm ACW game last night using the Polemos rules, an encounter battle that was interesting. My troops were excellent in deployment but when we came near the CAS line I rolled 4 x 1's in 4 moves for initiative which meant I couldnt do anything at all.


Hope all are safe and well in ChCh.

2 comments:

Rodger said...

Very nice stuff there Paul. I trust all is well after todays shakes? Merry Christmas mate.

Jacko said...

All good, we are still waiting for Fletchers to fix the house so we already look like an Airfix ruin kit. Have a good xmas, hope your all well.