Monday, September 12, 2011

Update

Hi,

The Rugby World cup has started so my time has been slashed as I'm watching all the games and only focusing on getting my Mabutu figures setup. I have completed the British forces for the first skirmish, and the Zulus and Ansars have arrived for the natives so I am currently painting some Mahdists to act as Mbeechi while the Zulus will stand in for angry Mabutans. I'll do another Mabutu Diary update tomorrow and then next week I should be able to fight the first skirmish. I was going to use Sharp practice for the rules but I ahve migrated to TS&TF Africa variant as I think that reflects things a little better.

I have also been picing up various terrain pieces from around the world. Why pay $30 for 3 palm trees in NZ when I can buy 40 for $10 from Hong Kong on ebay as well as using Fish tank grass as jungle bushes. At the end of the day it will all look a little "plastic" but Im not fussed as it will be on the kitchen table anyway. I have completed the pallisade wall in case the natives get a bit rowdy at the garrison.

Thats all for today :)

1 comment:

Rodger said...

Enjoy the rugby Paul. Go the AB's. Looking forward to the photos of the first skirmish.