Monday, July 12, 2010

ACW

Wow almost another month of World Cup action. Spains win today ended my ridiculous schedule of 2am and 6am wakeups.

After reading one of the ArchDuke Piccilo's posts on his CSA Cavalry I got out my CSA troops and started to paint. ACW and napoleonics were my first periods and my ACW are all 1/72 plastics, there is something about painting these figures in 1/72 that is quite nostalgic for me. I think it has been 13 years since I had an ACW game but in those days I used to play every 2 weeks roughly for at least 4 years. I have even managed to find some old units, I think they would have to be 19 years old so its bringing back some memories.

Currently painting the following;
8 Gun and crew
2 23man Cavalry units
8 Infantry Units
And various tidy ups of existing troops.

Its taken a few days of experimenting to get the painting  colours and style right but I think I have it now. The Italeri figures are quite neat so its quite refreshing. It is also amazing how many 1/72 you can paint compared to lead 28s.

Photos to come.

1 comment:

Archduke Piccolo said...

My record for plastics was 3x27-figure ACW units (Airfix) painted from scratch in one evening. Bases not finished, though.